Startup competition - The StartUp Expo
Application Deadline is May 31st!
SUP-X is focused on the entrepreneur and The StartUp Expo is the centerpiece of SUP-X. The StartUp Expo is both a competition and a physical and virtual opportunity for startup and early stage entrepreneurs to exhibit before and meet the 1000-1500 investors and others in attendance.
- Free mentoring by national accounting and consulting firm, Cherry Bekaert, for all accepted applicanrts
- Opportunity to have your business plan reviewed by investors. Approximately 20% of SUP-X attendees are accredited investors
- Opportunity for one on one meetings with investors (investors solicit any meetings)
- Exhibition opportunity - one booth in the exhibit hall alongside our corporate exhibitors is included for successful applicants (approximately 100 total exhibitors). Opportunity to meet investors, partners, clients/customers, potential employees and others who may help your business grow and succeed
- Five semi-finalists will have the opportunity to compete in a fast pitch competition judged by investors at the last general session of SUP-X in front of the 1000+ person audience
- A minimum of $25,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded to the winner
- If accepted to exhibit, general admission ticket purchased to apply converts to a VIP Pass and provides admission to the SUP-X VIP Party at a local upscale restaurant immediately after the event. VIP Party is limited to speakers, sponsors, investors and VIP Pass holders.
- Purchase one general admission ticket ($59 if purchased before May 27th)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying “I have applied!”
- Receive link to our private Gust portal to apply
- Submit Gust application by May 31st
- Successful applicants informed in early June
If selected to exhibit and compete, an exhibition fee is required based on the level of traction the company is projected to achieve in 2018. Revenues used to apply and determine the exhibition fee must be the same revenues included in your Gust application that is shown to investors.
- < $500,000 Revenues = $100 exhibition fee (includes one additional VIP Pass valued at $299 and booth valued at $1,250)
- $500,000-$999,999 = $200 exhibition fee (includes one additional VIP Pass valued at $299 and booth valued at $1,250)
- > $1 million = $300 exhibition fee (includes one additional VIP Pass valued at $299 and booth valued at $1,250)
Please note that the Startup Expo is limited to high potential growth companies whose 2018 revenues are less than $3mm and who have raised less than $3mm in capital by the date of the event, July 26, 2018. Additionally, while all startups and early stage companies are welcome to attend and participate in SUP-X, the “StartUp Expo" itself does not include restaurant concepts, real estate deals or project/infrastructure finance.